Eloping in Hawaii can be an intimate and romantic way to start your life together. Here’s a step-by-step guide ton how to elope in Hawaii
Your step-by-step guide to help you plan a successful elopement in Hawaii:
- Choose a location: Hawaii is known for its stunning natural scenery, so select a location that is meaningful to you, whether it’s a beach, a mountain top, or a waterfall.
- Get a marriage license: Before getting married in Hawaii, you’ll need to obtain a marriage license. You can apply for a license in person at the Department of Health office on any of the Hawaiian Islands.
- Hire an officiant: An officiant can perform a ceremony that is tailored to your wishes and can help make your day unforgettable. Consider hiring a local wedding planner or a company that specializes in elopements to help you find the perfect officiant.
- Book transportation: If you plan to elope in a remote location, you’ll need to arrange transportation to get there. Hire a car, a helicopter, or even a boat if you’re looking for a truly adventurous experience.
- Pack appropriately: Hawaii is a tropical destination, so pack light and comfortable clothing, as well as sunscreen, insect repellent, and any other essentials you may need for the day.
- Enjoy your day: On the day of your elopement, relax, take in the stunning scenery, and enjoy the moment. Remember, the focus of your day is on the love between you and your partner.
Aloha adventure seekers! If you’re thinking about eloping in Hawaii, you’re in for a wild ride (or should we say, surf).
I have visited stunning places around the globe and I think Hawaii is one of the most stunning and adventurous places on the planet, and it’s perfect for couples who want to get hitched in a non-traditional way. But before you start packing your flip flops and sunscreen, here are some tips on how to have an epic and funny adventure elopement in Hawaii.
Follow these steps, and you will know how to elope in Hawaii
- Get creative with your attire
Hawaii is a laid-back place, so don’t feel like you need to wear a stuffy suit or a traditional wedding dress. Why not mix it up and wear a Hawaiian shirt with some board shorts or a flowy sundress with a flower crown? You can also opt for barefoot weddings or even wear swimwear! Just make sure you won’t regret the photos!
- Choose an epic location
The Islands are packed with gorgeous locations that will make your elopement unforgettable. You can get married on a secluded beach, under a waterfall, or even on a volcano (if you’re feeling extra adventurous). Make sure to check the permits and restrictions of the location beforehand, you don’t want to be kicked out before the ceremony starts!
- Plan some unique activities
Since you’re in Hawaii, take advantage of all the fun activities the islands have to offer. You can go hiking, surfing, snorkeling, or even take a helicopter tour. Incorporate some of these activities into your elopement day to make it even more memorable. Just make sure to pack sunscreen and water for the day!
- Embrace the island vibe
Hawaii is known for its laid-back and friendly culture. Don’t be afraid to embrace it!! Incorporate some Hawaiian traditions like a lei exchange or a Hawaiian blessing into your ceremony. You can also add some Hawaiian music and hula dancing to your reception. And if someone tells you “aloha” don’t forget to reply it back!
We hope know you better know how to elope in Hawaii
So there you have it, folks! These are some tips on how to have an epic and funny adventure elopement in Hawaii. Just remember to enjoy the moment, be adventurous, and embrace the island vibe. Oh, and don’t forget to try some shaved ice and poke bowls while you’re here! Mahalo!
We would be honored to help you plan and document your Hawaii Elopement!! You can set up your FREE CONSULT CALL with us and we can share ideas with you!!