There are so many pros and cons to writing your own vows and honestly it comes up to personal preferences and what you feel most comfortable with. Today I wanted to give you a few reason why I love when my couples write their own vows.
- They are intimate and personal
- They tell your story
- They have personal promises that you saying to each other about your marriage
- It’s a reminder to each other why your getting married
- You are writing something from the heart, not something that others have said before
These are just a few of my favorite reasons why I love when my couples write their own vows.
If you do decide to write your own vows here are a few tips for vow writing:
– Set the mood: Turn on a playlist or song in the background that has meaning to you as a couple. Maybe flip through old photos and recount your love story. How did you meet, what’s your favorite adventure you have shared, who popped the question and how.
– Make A List: Define your partner and make a list of all the reasons you love them.
– Make Promises: Think of the promises you want to make on your wedding day. These can include traditional vows, religious vows or something more personal.
Are you getting married in 2021, I still have some availability. Let’s chat.