Should you write your own vows?
There are so many pros and cons to writing your own vows and honestly it comes up to personal preferences and what you feel most comfortable with. Today I wanted to give you a few reason why I love when my couples write their own vows.
- They are intimate and personal
- They tell your story
- They have personal promises that you saying to each other about your marriage
- It’s a reminder to each other why your getting married
- You are writing something from the heart, not something that others have said before
These are just a few of my favorite reasons why I love when my couples write their own vows.
If you do decide to write your own vows here are a few tips for vow writing:
– Set the mood: Turn on a playlist or song in the background that has meaning to you as a couple. Maybe flip through old photos and recount your love story. How did you meet, what’s your favorite adventure you have shared, who popped the question and how.
– Make A List: Define your partner and make a list of all the reasons you love them.
– Make Promises: Think of the promises you want to make on your wedding day. These can include traditional vows, religious vows or something more personal.
Are you getting married in 2021, I still have some availability. Let’s chat.