Phew, has it been a long few weeks or what! I wanted to check in today and tell you what I have been up too
The first thing I did when I found out I would be in the house for an extend time period was to start a Facebook Group to help spread positivity, share ideas on how to create a healthy and happy life and create a community and safe space for people who want to see the silver lining. It is called Positivity Check and it is a free community just to share ideas and positivity! You can join that HERE
– I have been trying to figure out ways I could serve my couples that are getting married and my fellow photographers that look to me for coaching and mentoring. I realized that one thing COVID-19 has done is it unites all of us in fighting one thing worldwide. We are all experiencing similar fear, uncertainty and anxiety together. I decided the way I could best serve those who follow me is to share some of the knowledge I have gained over the past few years that has helped me transform my life. I was a person who struggled with anxiety and was always very overwhelmed. I barely slept and I was burning the candle at both ends. A few years ago I learned something really important, I needed to put on my own oxygen mask before I could serve others. As a mom of young kids and a growing business I was taking care of everyone but me. My body was starting to break down and my stress level was in overdrive. The funny thing is when I started to make the transformations it actually happened out of me trying to help my husband find answers to his own health problems. I started a deep dive into self care, healthy eating, and strict exercise routines. Once I dove into all the material I could find I began to realize that as I was on a quest to help my husband find health and happiness and I, too was unhealthy and unhappy.
– I have decided the best way for me to serve my couples and fellow photogs at this time is to create a place where we can come together and share ideas on living a healthy life. What I have found is to truly live a healthier and happy life you need to strengthen your physical health, mental health and spiritual health. I think each of these things looks a little different for each person. There really is not a one size fits all. However, I want to share some things that have worked for me. Maybe they work well for you too or maybe they give you a starting off point.
– I have been busy creating a new space for all this information I added a new page to my website called “Life Beyond the Lens” there is a FREE download available I created to help you establish a healthy morning routine. Morning routines are so important, we can start our day off with intention and in ways that we fill up our own cups so we are ready to tackle the day and fill up the cup of others. Or we can start off in chaos and feel drained before we even get into our lunch time. I figured now that so many of us are having calmer mornings because we don’t have a morning commute or are not rushing kids off to school now is the perfect time to start a new morning ritual. You can get your FREE COPY HERE
– I also created a 5 day workbook to help you create more mindful mornings. This workbook will help keep you motivated and inspired! You can the workbook online HERE
– I have been offering one on one coaching for photographers for sometime now, however, I decided to open this coaching up to everyone. If you are a couple feeling overwhelmed with wedding planning, a photographer that is overwhelmed with how COVID 19 has impacted your business or just a human looking for ways to create a healthier and happier life you can book a one on one coaching call with me HERE . We can use this call to set up mindset work, exercise and nutrition programs, find your purpose, learn techniques to help you destress and enjoy the moment.
– I have also started a 4 weeks of intensive group coaching to help you let go of limiting beliefs and create your best life You can join the waitlist HERE
– Some other things I have been busy doing is working out. I belong to a local yoga studio and spin bar, but I have not been able to attend those so I have been making my own garage workouts each day. For those of you who don’t know I was a CrossFit coach for a couple years, so I do know how to create workouts. I am attaching a sample of one of my workouts
– Another thing I have been doing is creating more space for family time. We are having family lunch and dinner together and play games every night after dinner. I am really enjoying the extra time we have together. Our current favorite game is Monopoly with the cards edition.
– My daughter and I have been cooking and crafting as well. She is so creative I love seeing what she comes up with!
-I plan to start a weekly series called Life Beyond the Lens to share all the things that have helped me create a healthier, happier life. If there is anything you want to get a deeper understanding let me know and I can include it in the series, please drop me a DM on Instagram HERE