When I started my photography business I knew that my main long term goal was to become a destination wedding photographer. Over the last 2 years it is something that I have been able to put into play and make happen. It took a lot of hard work and I can say that I have been able to reach my goals. I have traveled throughout the United States and last year I made a 10 day trip to Europe!
Today I wanted to share with you a few things I do when preparing for my destination weddings:
- When I am starting to book my flights and travel dates, I always try to arrive a day or two before just in case. There might be a time difference or the flight might be delayed, you don’t want to be tired or late!
- I always check to see if I need a work visa in the country.
- I ALWAYS carry on my camera gear and any film I am bringing. This ensures that even if my bag goes missing I have the most important things needed to still do my job!
- I always bring water with me on the plane, I start to hydrate early before flying. Flying can dehydrate you and the last thing you want to do is show up to the event dehydrated.
- I always try to bring my own snacks for the plane, something with neutrience. Of course the plane has snacks but I like to stay on track and keep the course of my daily meal plan.
- I always call my bank before I travel, so they know and do not shut off my credit card. That is the last thing you need when traveling!